First Post of 2021!
Kiddo and I wanted to make something for her Auntie H’s birthday. Auntie H and I have been friends for … a lot of years. I can’t remember. She and Uncle W recently moved into the other condo in our house. So, we have been thrilled to be near them, even while social distancing. Auntie H’s birthday plus a grocery delivery error of frozen chocolate chip cookie dough made the perfect excuse for us to try out this recipe.
It was super easy- so easy that Kiddo was confused. I took out the mixing bowl and told her we were going to make the cake. So she said, “Oh. I know we need flour, eggs, and vanilla. Right?” This was only the second time she has made a cake from a mix, so the idea that we were just adding eggs, oils, water, and the mix was shocking to her. She kept asking for the vanilla. LOL.
Easy-Peasy Cookie Dough Cupcakes Recipe
- Pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough (feel free to use this delicious recipe)
- Cake mix (we used yellow)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- Form the cooking dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place the dough balls in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit; line or grease 24 muffin cups.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. add the cake mix, oil and water and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups about 2/3s full (we put too much in ours and they came out fine).
- Place a frozen dough ball in the center (or as close as your kiddo can get to the center) of each cupcake.
- Back the cupcakes for about 20 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick into the edge of the cupcake (not the cookie dough) to see if it comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Frost and enjoy!