Kiddo loves these. We made them twice in one week. She would probably be happy to eat them every week, but we don’t have enough bananas for that. We added cinnamon and vanilla to the original recipe, but the muffins are still good without those additions.
I like this recipe because it’s fairly simple and the ingredients actually are things you are likely to have. I know that most of us are experiencing a scarcity of many ingredients right now, I hope you can find the ingredients you need to make these!
Banana Muffins Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray (we spray our silicone liners, even though the manufacturer says you don’t need to) or use liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a large bowl. Then, add sugar, egg, melted butter, and vanilla to the bananas.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans (we used an ice cream scoop).
- Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.