We made some edits** based on reviews, ingredients on hand, and our taste preferences and came out with something delicious that was enjoyed by everyone at our play date (kids ages 2-5 and adults). Our recipe is easy to follow and Kiddo really enjoyed the process. We hope you will too!
Apple Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
Prep: 20 min (w/ a child) Bake Time: 20 min for muffins, 60 min for loaf Yield: 2 loaves (or 12 muffins, 1 pumpkin cake, 1 loaf)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mace (we were out of nutmeg, but it would work just as well)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin purée
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (we mixed canola and olive because we didn’t have enough)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and diced
Apple Pumpkin Bread Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour your pans (2 loaf pans, 48 muffins…). I used coconut oil and flour in the 9×5 in., glass loaf pan and cooking spray on my silicon pans with minimal sticking).
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix sugars, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and water (we swished the water in the pumpkin can to get all the pumpkin out) together in an electric mixer, just until blended.
- Add flour to pumpkin mixture and incorporate until well combined.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees, Fahrenheit. Our muffins cooked for 23 minutes, our pumpkin pan (close to 8in round) took 28 minutes, and the full loaf cooked for 63 minutes.
Please let us know if you make this!
**Edits: decreased sugar by 1 cup; used brown and white sugar; reduced cinnamon and added mace (or nutmeg), ginger, and clove; added dry ingredients to wet and mixed for longer; increased quantity of apple