This is a super fast, kid friendly meal/snack idea. A few nights ago Kiddo really wanted pizza, but we didn’t have any dough, and I was already starting dinner 20 minutes later then I had planned. So, I decided to make pizzas on tortillas. It’s a pretty straight forward process, but I did look up a recipe for oven temperature, and how long to bake the tortilla before adding sauce. The longest part of this recipe was waiting for the oven to heat. The pizza were ready in 15 minutes!
Kiddo liked making and eating her pizza. We hope you do too.
Tortilla Pizza Ingredients
- Two 8in tortillas
- 1 (ish) tsp olive oil
- a dash of or adobo* per tortilla
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup mozzarella
- additional toppings to taste
*or use garlic powder, salt, and pepper
Tortilla Pizza Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put tortillas on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush each tortilla with oil and sprinkle with adobo.
- Bake the tortillas for 3-5 minutes in the preheated oven, until the tops ae golden brown.
- If making with children, transfer the tortillas to a cool baking sheet, and top with sauce, cheese and any other toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven to bake for about 5 more minutes, until the cheese is melted.