Kiddo get’s her love of peanut butter honestly. Peanut butter is one of my three favorite foods. If I had to, I could live on peanut butter, carrots and spinach and be fairly happy. LOL.
I used to make peanut butter fairly often, but as I mentioned in my hummus post, Kiddo feared the food processor for a bit so I haven’t made it in a while.
I never follow a recipe, so there aren’t exact measurements.
- roasted peanuts (16 oz.)
- peanut or coconut oil (quantity depends on dryness of peanuts and personal preference)
- salt (optional)
- honey (optional)
- Pour peanuts unto food processor. Process until the peanuts are starting to look like a chunky paste. Add oil and process again (just add as much as it seems to need). I normally use peanut oil, but I didn’t have any so I used coconut oil with great success.
- When the peanut is approaching the desired texture, add salt and honey if you want them. I usually only add a touch of salt, but Kiddo and her dad like their pb sweetened, so we added a few drops of honey.
- Process until the peanut butter is smooth (or leave it a little grainy like I did.
- Put the peanut butter in a jar and refrigerate as you would with any natural peanut butter.