We made brownies. Yum.
I have two brownie recipes that are my staples. This is the cake-like brownie recipe.* Kiddo loved helping to make (and eat these). I forgot to take a picture when they came out of the oven, but just picture a pan of brownies. LOL.
I was initially apprehensive about letting her do much with this recipe because most of the mixing happens on the stovetop or with a hot pot. I needn’t have worried. Kiddo was a rockstar, and as she would tell you, she’s “really good at cooking.” 😍
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ Tbs. (extra light tasting olive) oil*
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ (slightly heaping) teaspoon salt
- Preheat over to 325˚F. Grease an 8×8 inch square pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, oil and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Kiddo helped measure and added the ingredients, and I did the stovetop portion.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until mixture is smooth. This part was cool enough for Kiddo to help me.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Then stir flour mixture into the saucepan.
- Spread evenly into prepared 8×8 pan.
- Bake at 325˚F for 28 minutes, until brownies are set. Cool in pan.
* I have no idea where I first got this recipe. Probably Allrecipies.com, but it’s been so many years that I can’t remember.